Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly in to Spain - La Cerdanya LECD 29 Sep 2023

Hotels generally dislike booking.com because of the ~25% loss, so they juggle it so as to minimise sales via that channel. They tend to also show only “1 room remaining in this site”; I believe this is a Host selectable feature which always shows 1 or whatever rooms, regardless of the actual, to maximise anxiety.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Hotels generally dislike booking.com because of the ~25% loss, so they juggle it so as to minimise sales via that channel. They tend to also show only “1 room remaining in this site”; I believe this is a Host selectable feature which always shows 1 or whatever rooms, regardless of the actual, to maximise anxiety.

Yes, hopefully most of us are already aware of the piracy acts as committed by booking platforms. I tried booking the Aero directly thru their site, but no joy as nothing was available for the given dates (at the moment I looked at).

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I hate to keep juggling with the date, but I just learned that there is a vintage car festival which may have created quite some occupancy. Also, hotel Jaume seems closed for vacation upto and including ‘our’ weekend. Let me call Aero tomorrow and see how things look a week later, just to gather some info.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Good idea.

I am OK with the later date. Early Oct the wx should still be good, statistically speaking.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I called the Aero and Peter was right. They do have vacancies. Yet, in order to have more accommodation options it may be wise to move back to the ‘original’ date of 6-8th of Oct so that a larger group than the 9 people who have currently shown an interest could join in. Before making a decision, what do you think @Dan @eurogaguest1980 @UdoR @BOD @Emir @Lukepower @Ibra ?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

6-8th would be awesome for me

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

6-8 ok with me

Germany

Oct 6-8th would also work for me !

BOD
LSGY, LFSP, LFHM, Switzerland

Fine for me!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

On the other hand (to even raise confusion here) a vintage car festival could be a great complement to our equally vintage aircraft 😅

Germany
Sign in to add your message