Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideas for a warm trip in two weeks

Early May for me - LDLO

Quite a pleasant 5.5hr flight

I think we've all had enough of the UK winter.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@ Fenland Flying

not everybody's darling but I like it (since decades) - side street of Las Ramblas:

EDxx, Germany

LDLO (Mali Losinj) ist a fantastic destination. There is a great family hotel directly at the sea called Vespera (and a similar one next to it without kids). It's a 2:15h flight for me and very popular with the whole family.

Looks fantastic! We were supposed to fly down to Krk with a friend of mine and his family in 2011. Unfortunately we couldn't go but he went. He punished us by e-mailing pictures on a continous basis.

One of the things I really look forward to by being based in Poland is to NOT have to fly +800NM just to get to Northern Europe.

From where I will be based, LDLO is only 3 hours direct track.

Croatia is IMHO the best warm destination for the UK that's accessible in one leg in a TB20

and you get a scenic flight out of it, going right across the Alps

And nearly all those island airports have avgas, customs, and zero hassle.

Just like it should be

Administrator

Croatia is great. I've spent time there a few times and really enjoyed it. It seems sort of non-European there, drier, warmer and less populated, even in the summer season. In winter I remember hiding from the Bora wind in a Novi Vinodolski bar in 2008 or so. Took the ferry that night from Zadar to Ancona. Another time took an overnight ferry from Bari to Dubrovnik. Great memories, Croatia reminded me (oddly enough) of Baja California, Mexico.

One day, I'll make it to the Croatian islands. Flying there would be even better. It'd be a great place to disappear. Sure I hope I live long enough!

Croatia is IMHO the best warm destination for the UK that's accessible in one leg in a TB20

Peter, thanks for supporting our poor economy :) Hope to see you at LDLO.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

thanks for supporting our poor economy

Yeah but aren't you grateful you are not in the Eurozone

Administrator

Yeah but aren't you grateful you are not in the Eurozone

Yes but it will happen to us sooner or later, probably shortly after joining Schengen (planned for 2015)

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I spoke to a manager at Zagreb airport last time I was there who said that Croatia will never be allowed to join the € even if they wanted to.

I cannot believe anybody would want to join the € now. Membership makes it impossible to kick off an export led recovery, without completely stripping the country bare, first.

Also € membership will elevate costs to tourists to central London level prices, which is why hordes of tourists are now going to Turkey instead of Greece (most things are half the price). Pop into a restaurant in Corfu and you pay London prices. The Aegean islands are cheaper, but only because nobody there pays any tax

And the reason why the southern countries joined the € (cheap loans, funding for roads etc i.e. a massive Mexican party for everybody, and to hell with who will pay the bill) will not be there in the future.

Just my opinion of course

Administrator
Sign in to add your message