Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

Where would you fly to for Winterberg, which has Customs and Immigration?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What about EDFQ, Allendorf/Eder? It´s PPR, but it has instrument procedures and customs/immigration O/R. 30km to Winterberg, but I´m not sure about ground transportation.
EDLP, Paderborn, is further away at about 70km, but you might still be better off there. It´s H24 and rental cars should be readily available.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

I am not sure, after this, that any “O/R” airport in Germany is safe for an N-reg, from the UK. Well, it is safe if you get a positive ACK from Customs, but if you don’t get that you definitely should not fly there. Pre-brexit, yes, post-brexit, no.

I did Paderborn a while ago. Very easy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter: I would suggest EDLA (Arnsberg-Menden). EDLA is with immigration and customs O/R (3 hrs in advance), however, they have lots experience with international traffic. The airfield belongs to a company called “OBO Bettermann”, which has its own private jets. The owner even lives in Switzerland, so they know how to handle customs very well. It offers also immigration. From EDLA, you can get a short taxi-ride to Wickede or Neheim, where you have a direct train connection to Winterberg. If you’re lucky, somebody from the airfield will offer you a ride to the train station as well. During weekends, you can also continue to EDKM.

EDFQ could also be an option, however, they are PPR only during wintertime (even on weekends), which will cost you money. Transportion to Winterberg only by taxi, and that could take some time to get one in Allendorf. Nonetheless, the airfield belongs to the company “Viessmann”, so they will also have enough experience with immigration and customs.

EDLP will always be a good alternate, but the transport to Winterberg is difficult. A taxi will be way too expensive and public transportation to Winterberg is almost next to impossible (a lot of bus rides). If you need another full IFR international airport, I would prefer EDLW (Dortmund), which is a bit more expensive, but with more public transportion options.

Last Edited by Frans at 14 Nov 10:18
Switzerland

Well Im back, trying to sort out a ski trip. I was thinking of flying to Klagenfurt in Austria. Then renting a car and driving to Bad Kleinkirchheim ski area 75 mins away. Im just investigating at this point. It does seem like a GA friendly airport because it has glider activity. They also have snow removal equipment and an ILS Cat3 which I sometimes use ( Im joking). Unlike some of the other Austrian airports that are nestled in the Alps the Approaches dont look as if you’re tackling a Black Pist. Something I dont have to worry about, but they do have C&I on the airport. Handling from what Ive heard is not required.

Does anyone have information on Fees? On the AIP I cant find an Email address. Looking up on search engines all I get is airline info and one dated GA pilot report dating back to 2014. Tomorrow I will call them on the phone and hopefully find out what it costs as well as an email address since I like things to be in writing. I learned the hard way.

KHTO, LHTL

FYI the Pulverer in Bad Kleinkirchheim is a nice place to stay – in case you’re looking.

Caba wrote:

What about EDFQ, Allendorf/Eder? It´s PPR, but it has instrument procedures and customs/immigration O/R. 30km to Winterberg, but I´m not sure about ground transportation.

You can ask the Europcar station in Marburg to bring you a rental car for 30 Euro each way. Allendorf is a little village so definitely you have to organize ground transportation in advance.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

C210_Flyer wrote:

Does anyone have information on Fees?

Klagenfurt has very reasonable fees. Only once you start to go use their hangar charges ramp up.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Silvaire and snoopy thanks. Looking through the charges can someone tell me what the cost is with the parking. I cant figure it out.
er Tarif beträgt nach Ablauf der parktariffreien Zeit
(= 4 Stunden) für je angefangene 24 Stunden (berechnet mit Beginn der effektiven Blockzeit):
a) Bei Luftfahrzeugen mit einem Höchstabfluggewicht
bis 5.700 kg …….. 20 % über 5.700 bis 10.000 kg …….. 15 %
des Landetarifes gem. 1.a) bzw. b), jedoch nicht
weniger als der Satz bis 5.700 kg MTOW.
b) Bei Luftfahrzeugen mit einem Höchstabfluggewicht
über 10 t …….. 7 % des Landetarifes gem. 1.b), jedoch nicht weniger
als der Satz gemäß a) bis 10.000 kg MTOW

20% of what? Im less than 2 t

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message