Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

Nice escapade in Le Touquet this afternoon. Icing at FL80 but immediately authorized to descend by ATC.
Great seafood at Perard !
VFR under freezing level to come back.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

I would have definitely gone for L2K today but doing the high altitude test was more important, and needed better wx. I could not do long flights until I had done that. So now if anyone wants to meet up for lunch, I am up for it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We did also Le Touquet today for a quick lunch trip.
We had lunch at “l’atelier éphémère” close to the sea.
I saw your DA40 N reg we were parked next to it

See you net time

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

See you next time !

Jean
EBST, Belgium

We arrived today at LJPZ. We will stay in Piran until wednesday morning. So if someone is coming arround on tuesday, let us know.

EDDS , Germany

Is there any interest in a meet-up over the Easter weekend, specifically Sunday or Monday? Saturday looks rubbish here but here is Sunday and maybe Sun+Mon might be a small gap in the wx

Administrator

I will try LFAT tomorrow (1st April) if the wx is ok and if I can get out of EGKA which is closed except to based pilots and the PPR has to be done the day before…

Looks like IFR traffic only is allowed.

A) LFAT B) 1803301400 C) 1804021600
TEMPORARY RESTRICTED AREA (ZRT) AT LE TOUQUET:
RDL280/1.3NM LFAT AD
0.3NM RADIUS CIRCLE CENTRED ON 503126N 0013504E
GAT/OAT ENTRY CONDITIONS:
COMPULSORY BY-PASS EXC FOR
A) IFR GAT ACFT USING LE TOUQUET AD
B) AIR DEFENSE FLIGHT, POLICE, CUSTOMS, RESCUE AND PUBLIC SAFETY
ACFT WHEN THEY CAN’T AVOID THE ZRT.
ZRT WHICH TAKES PLACE OF AIRSPACE PARTS WITH WHICH IT INTERFERES.
SERVICES PROVIDED:
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT AIRSPACE CLASSES
USERS INFORMATION:
LE TOUQUET TWR 118.450 MHZ
LILLE APP/INFO 120.275 MHZ
LOWER LIMIT: SFC UPPER LIMIT: 820FT AMSL : NOTAM LF/R0741/18

The president coming to visit?

Administrator

That NOTAM does not say only IFR is allowed. It says there is a temporary restricted area close to the airport in which only IFR is allowed.

Looking at the depiction of the R-area on SkyDemon, VFR use of LFAT should be perfectly possible as long as you take some care on the approach to 13 or departure from 31.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Upper limit of that area is only 820ft – staying on centerline approaching RWY13 or departing RWY 31 should keep you clear of it.

Last Edited by nobbi at 01 Apr 12:30
EDxx, Germany

Indeed – this was parked next to me and I don’t think he arrived IFR

I expected today (Easter Sunday) to be more busy

and the restaurants were not especially busy either. Nice day out

2 police checking passports but that was it. I expected heavy police presence and so did someone else who cancelled due to the “French police raid” concerns.

I never miss a chance to get a free radio check so I flew the ILS 13 with a circle to land on 31, but there were some inbounds on the RNAV 31 so I got a hold, then back up the LOC for a procedure turn and then some vectors to waste track miles, all in nice -3C icing conditions. The new TKS installation got its first test and performed superbly. Not a trace of ice anywhere when it was running, but accumulating nicely when it wasn’t.

Shoreham was “closed except to based pilots with an indemnity” today, and was dead as a graveyard. One is supposed to self announce movements on the radio. Clearly most people didn’t bother to fill out the indemnity. Although very surprisingly one of the conditions is a CPL!

Administrator
Sign in to add your message