Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Menorca LEMH/LESL, 7/8 October 2017

Back in EGKA – that landing was well done, Peter, right on the centerline … Meteo gave BKN006 but VIS 10+ when you landed …

( to be seen on Brighton Airport Webcam )

Last Edited by nobbi at 09 Oct 15:25
EDxx, Germany

I got visual about 1000ft (MDA 800ft). The 600ft bit was fairly sporadic. I was going to do the RNAV02 instead and take the tailwind of 9kt (reported at 10m) and that was Plan B.

Outbound:

GS ~185kt

Return:

GS ~ 125kt

I do not want to see another plane for a number of days

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looks like you all had a nice trip! We may go to LESL this weekend (poor timing, but last weekend didn’t work for us) – any recommendations on how to get from the airfield to Mahon?

Very short taxi ride. Today I paid €15 for a taxi from Mahon centre, to Emir’s hotel to collect something, to the main airport. The main taxi there seems to be +34 971 367111.

Administrator

It’s only a very short taxi ride. The staff at the restaurant will call one for you. Otherwise, google some telephone numbers.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks @peter @boscomantico . We’ll try to join you all at the next fly-in!

Btw car can be rented as low as 22€ per day, fully insured. We took a bit bigger car for 25€, company representative drove it to our hotel and after two days we left it at airport.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Final bill from MTA Handling

1400kg aircraft, 3 nights’ parking. 2 people total.

Not cheap but the service was really excellent. Very fast, including taking us to the front of the passport queue which – following some airline arrivals – was into the hundreds. The operation is run by two English women who have lived down there for many years.

Administrator

Does anyone know what these are? They were on Menorca

Aircraft position 40° 0’ 8.93" N, 4° 1’ 0.15" E altitude 614m and looking at a bearing of 205 degrees.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Final bill from MTA Handling

Mine was 6€ lower and I had 4 days of parking – customs was not charged nor did anybody check our passports – EU advantage (regardless not being in Schengen)

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message