Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Try out the new version of EuroGA

getting “We’re sorry, but something went wrong” message on smart phone device.

Thanks Lucius. Looks like your user agent string is longer than we’ve ever encountered before. Give it another go now; it should be fixed.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Ok, so we’re not moving to Calibri! I really don’t like the roundedness of the line ends – I deal a lot with schools and if I see one more document in Comic Sans I’m going to be sick.

Segoe isn’t available from any of the type systems we use, but the sample I just looked at online looked quite poor in my browser (Chrome on a Mac). Maybe because it’s a Windows font?

Am happy to consider any other font suggestions though!

Administrator

Out of interest, anybody who thinks the font is too large – are you viewing on a computer or a mobile device?

Administrator

To be clear: my own comment was not about the choice of font – obviously my opinion/taste/appreciation here is less subtle than some other people’s, and that is only to be expected as I am not graphically oriented anyway – but about the sheer size of characters. A clear example of “less is more” : less character size ==> more characters per screen.

And that is viewing on a desktop PC with two LCD screens attached.

Last Edited by at 13 Sep 13:54
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Font size is fine for me. As I mostly acces the forum from mobile devices, I have to zoom in anyways.

But IMHO this very light blue makes the headlines harder to read.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Am happy to consider any other font suggestions though!

Hmm… Maybe ITC Officina Sans? It is available in different weights, not just regular and bold.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Font size is fine for me. As I mostly acces the forum from mobile devices, I have to zoom in anyways.

You shouldn’t have to zoom in on a mobile device. You were using an iPad earlier, is that the device you’re referring to? Or a phone?

Administrator

Thanks for allowing picture uploads. Biggest single positive change!

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

Hi David,

Thanks for this “beta testing session”.
I do not fancy the new font that much but, more important, the display is fairly pale with low contrast between titles and content extract, which makes it difficult to read.
I’m using Google chrome.

Alban

LFNR

@ David: Now I’m using an iPhone.

You are right, no need to zoom in when using EuroGA. With other homepages I regularly visit (eg. orf.at or derstandard.at), I do need to zoom in, so obviously it has become that natural to me I no longer noticr it …

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria
Sign in to add your message