Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Try out the new version of EuroGA

Just to let you know that the new forum software doesn’t work on Windows Phone 8.1.

All pages come up with a “Oops. Something isn’t right” message.

It gives various codes to quote (new code on each try). eg dc1db4d0e

All pages are the same (home page, individual forums, join, sign in etc.)

Not an issue for me, I rarely use WP. Just reporting it in case you want to look into it.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Anders, yep, we’re aware that the portrait layout on mobile devices isn’t ideal. It’s because, largely, it’s just as it happens to fall when the server recognises you’re using a narrow screened device. We’ve not yet had a chance to put any effort in to tweaking the layout. As I mentioned above, we’ve got a few bugs to take care of first and then we’ll address that.

Thanks.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom
Just to let you know that the new forum software doesn’t work on Windows Phone 8.1.

All pages come up with a “Oops. Something isn’t right” message.

It gives various codes to quote (new code on each try). eg dc1db4d0e

Thanks for the info. We have a Windows 8 phone somewhere but as you can imagine it’s hardly at the top of the testing pile! That’s why it’s so great to have you fab people testing it out for us…

That error code is indeed completely unique – it’s really helpful because if you give us that we can find all the details of your request that failed.

It should be fixed now – could you try it again please?

Administrator

1: The ‘report’ and ‘bookmark’ buttons are not visible and there are one or sometimes two small squares. In fact all of the button images have no icon.

This is a consequence of using IE8. We’ve made a tweak to try to get it to work. Hit refresh and let me know?

Just refreshed, and no change, but I suppose I can hover over the button ‘blocks’ and locate the text for each function. Not ideal, and I am only on IE8 because of untested appllications on other versions. I will be downloading FF now.

4: I have this link favorited – http://www.euroga.org/forums/recent-threads , and each time I open a thread I have partly viewed before, it always goes back to message #1, and not the last one I viewed.

That is expected. You can bookmark it to go back to the one you bookmarked, or you can click to read new ones since you last visited that thread. Technically, we don’t bq.know where you’ve viewed to

I REALLY dislike this. Before (with cookies maybe, or something server side), EuroGa knew which was the last message postI looked at, maybe by time I last accessed the thread, and now I have to work out how to bookmark something to know where I left off, or now press a button to do something that used to happen automatically? I am a relatively high reader of this site, but not a high contributor, but this is a major put-off. As someone said, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Last Edited by PiperArcher at 16 Sep 11:07

As someone said, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

I’ve gotta tell ya, I don’t really subscribe to this. If we adopted this attitude there would be no progress. The site wouldn’t be easier to use for newcomers, you’d not be able to upload images, etc. etc.

However, it sounds like we’ve broken something. It wasn’t the intention to downgrade this functionality. We do want to fix that.

I REALLY dislike this. Before (with cookies maybe, or something server side), EuroGa knew which was the last thread I looked at

Do you mean the last thread? Or the last post?

Administrator

Does it look better for you?

A lot!

EDDS - Stuttgart

It seems that I cannot login to router.euroga.org after the update.
The error message is:

We’re sorry, but something went wrong.

Do you mean the last thread? Or the last post?

Hi David. I meant post. It accidentally submitted my post half way through me typing it, and while trying to insert an underline in IE8, so I hastily re-edit my original post subsequently. So yes, I am sure it used to remember the last post that I read, and next time I opened the thread, only new posts would show. Or am I mistaken, and I always had to scroll down?

Thank you very much for working on this great site. My feedback is rather nit-picky, since overall I am very satisfied. The site is noticeable faster, and renders on my Nokia Windows 8.1 Phone device.

1)
A bit too much screen real estate wasted. For example, the left, and right border could be much thinner, and the top border could be eliminated. However, I do like the larger font, especially on mobile devices. See mockup. I moved non-essential buttons like “Contacts” and “FAQ” to a less prominent location at the bottom of the page.

2)
On the home page, I always click on any random topic, just so the bar with “Active”, “Posts”, “Mine”, etc… shows up. I would add these most useful menu items to the home page to reduce button clicking.

3)
On a smart phone device some of the buttons are too small, causing “fat fingering”.

4)
On a smart phone device the font could a little bit larger.

All in all great job. Thank you!

United States

Slightly odd behaviour. I just posted in the traffic pattern thread. I can’t edit my post now but seemingly can edit Jan’s.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message