Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Affordable light twins?

We have done this one before. Net or gross profit?

The rate at which capital allowances are applied makes a huge difference too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Gross, net, what does it matter? They’re not making huge amounts of money, either way.

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 11 Apr 19:32
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

An affordable light twin, yours for only £15k :-)

https://ukga.com/classified/view?contentId=45407

I’m taking “a little skin work on the belly” and only one engine to be rebuilt means someone went around when they realised they hadn’t put the wheels down, and scraped the bottom…

Andreas IOM

Coming back to this, has anyone here got some experience on a Piper Apache?

This one is currently on sale on planecheck.

local copy

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Delightful aircraft with marginal OEI performance – block cruise at 130KTAS and 16 USGPH, 1100 lbs or so useful load. Hydraulic flaps and undercarriage make it more complex than the later electro hydraulic Pipers.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

One of the aspects of the hydraulic system is take off is carried out with the emergency pump lever extended (the port engine is both aerodynamic and system critical), so in addition to usual EFATO drill you pump the gear up (around 30-40 times), if the left engine fails, while maintaining control:)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I’d get an Aztec, preferably an E or F, instead. Much better load carrier and much better in an EFATO.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I agree that an Aztec is a better load carrier but if the goal is to get a first twin that can be leased back to a school (I’ve no idea if there is a market for ME training or renewals), maybe that one would be a good candidate. (a good 20k candidate, that is).

If you really are after a twin I’d get one in the US and fly it over. It’s probably much easier to get the proper transition training there and the ferry flight is a fun endeavor.

I did my multi when I was living in the US in an Apache (Geronimo conversion). It wasn’t very fast but it was comfortable and we did a decent cross country in it, it was kind of flying a big TriPacer. I even did a spot landing contest in it, something you usually don’t do in a twin!

Andreas IOM
Sign in to add your message