Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Affordable light twins?

greg_mp wrote:

What do you mean by “30h MEP pic included”?

The MEP CRI prerequisite is 30 hours PIC on MEP.
The local DA42 would cost around 13-15k for that, wet.

always learning
LO__, Austria

wleferrand wrote:

Any takers for blocks of time on that airplane at 240e/h dry?

What’s the fuel burn?

always learning
LO__, Austria

I don’t know if pooling on a twin is the most efficient way to get multi time. It probably is the most efficient way to scratch the “twin itch” without ending up naked though.

The ad says 100 l/h for 160 kias (which maybe ktas?)

does anyone have a link to a POH for the 1982 B55 baron they could point me to?

egbw

At 120l/h it makes a dry cost over 500€/h, starts to be expensive while looking at singles… And it’s a good price.

LFMD, France

That’s the worst case scenario, assuming that the residual value after 300 hours is 0.

I believe that the residual value after 300 hours is going to be more than that. Actually, it might be 50k …

Actually it’s a great social experiment for people who value the fun of learning/flying a twin and telling stories about it above the few k they will risk in the venture.

Let’s say we do 50 hours blocks. Who is willing to invest 12k in a structure that will buy the plane and let them operate the plane for 50 hours over 2 or 3 years before dissolving itself? We’ll find an A&P and an IA, and members should be willing to at least discuss maintenance matters in-depth. I’ll source the parts as needed, the Aztec taught me well.

Open up a new thread, list some key points/ideas and post the link to a telegram group for those interested.

So many variables… registration, base, fix costs, worst case (both engines die etc..).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Let’s keep it simple: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xlYB27Qt5sJQwDFK1XeYliaig1K0XvB3dfp0DEhA5S8 for initial expression of interest, then we can do a discussion via telegram/email if there is any.

Sign in to add your message