Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Affordable light twins?

No, that was a Travel Air.
Anyway, I wouldn’t generally be wary of paint jobs or interior jobs done in the Baltics.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Looks like a nice airplane indeed. As long as you have an A&P in your connections and are willing to get your fingernails dirty it should cost nowhere close to 600e/hour to operate … At any rate, the stories that you’ll be able to tell for the rest of your life are worth more than 50k :)

There is a N-reg B55 that is or will be available for rental at either LFBO or LFBR. I’ve never sat in it so I can’t vouch for its status/etc but if someone wants to get a Baron experience this might be a path.

I know the last owner of that D55 in the UK. He used to call it the bomber because of the lovely sound it would make when it came overhead. Carefully managed runs to Jersey and duty claimbacks bring the cost down. Be a great thing to own once in your life.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

wleferrand wrote:

As long as you have an A&P in your connections and are willing to get your fingernails dirty it should cost nowhere close to 600e/hour to operate …

I did not wish to suggest that it would, just show up the mechanism between a more expensive to buy SEP and a “cheap” MEP. The less the difference, the more time it will be before the Twin becomes more expensive. Of course, Eurocontrol Tax must be included in that, as the BE55 is over 2 tons and therefore taxed when flying IFR.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

That Baron just got reduced further…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Maybe the interested parties on Euroga could write down their planned use of the airplane – there might be an opportunity for co-ownership even it it means relocating the airplane from time to time.

I‘d chip in if I can get 30h MEP PIC included.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Interesting but side comparison with a Bonanza, it is 10kn faster, half price, but double fuel consumption and double upcoming maintenance cost… I would still choose a Bonanza today. Is the max load just bigger or much bigger?
What do you mean by “30h MEP pic included”? Is this a insurance requirements or an offer with the plane? Wrt to the plane price, 30h with this plane (I bet around 400€/h) is quite a cost.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 02 Jun 09:08
LFMD, France

I think that all these planes should be looked at throwaway planes once they reach TBO. Whatever you get beyond that number is bonus, and if you fall short well it’s bad luck. How about this type of arrangement:

This is a 50k aircraft with 300 hours remaining (and probably maybe more, but let’s use that number). It probably won’t fly without a bit of maintenance along the way, let’s call it ~50e / hour. Then there is insurance, call it 3k/year for a group of people with limited ME experience.

Any takers for blocks of time on that airplane at 240e/h dry? At the end of the 300 hours the plane will either get sold / parted out and the benefits will be shared among the participants, pro-rated by the hours they bought. If the plane hits a hard time before the end of the 300 hours, it’ll get sold and the participants will be reimbursed, with the ones who haven’t yet flown the plane being reimbursed first.

Could that work?

(the 240e/h dry might be optimistic, just a figure for the sake of discussion).

Sign in to add your message