Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

Nice videos. I agree with the cloud etc. The West coast of Scotland is truly stunning, but the clouds, the contrast, the light, all add to its constantly changing beauty. The best time is late autumn, with the golds, ochres, and so many differing shades. It is magical.

I was in Lake Garda last week, and frankly, was underwhelmed. The sunshine, high light, blurts out any definition. Granted the mountains look impressive, but as a vista, mmmm….Alps were different though.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

My buddies from the FlightSim community did an on line article about the Socata TB20 (in Greek language) with a set of one IFR and one VFR flight where I flew them from Megara LGMG to Kythera LGKC and back.

The trailer:

The article videos playlist:

The article itself http://www.flightsimmer.gr/index.php/el/reviews/329-flight-with-tb20

LGMG Megara, Greece

Today we did a class B transit at 3500’ along the coast in San Francisco. The real surprise was when the controller have a Cathay 777 the traffic information about a Cirrus at 3500’ (us) along with the clearance to remain at 3000. After that it was “clear of traffic climb flight level xxx”. :)

In reality, it looked closer than in the video.

Really nice of the controller not to put us into the wake turbulence of a 777.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 19 Sep 02:50

Landing @ Reggio Calabria (LICR)

Rwy 15

Rwy 33 a few days later

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Split to Brac, Croatia. Just a short flight. Here is a video, edited only to remove a boring over-water portion. Started at 500ft (the max climb clearance from Split, to stay below jet traffic) and climbing to 2700ft to land on Brac which is nearly 1700ft elevation

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And here goes another little video – a departure from Brac (Croatia) to Shoreham (UK). Just the first few mins, unedited

Administrator

Flying over the Isle of Skye in a Jodel DR1050, with a Panasonic Lumix FT2 on a tripod held with bungies on the RH seat,

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

You had a much better cloudbase than I had in the one higher up

Tripod mounting is great. Much better than wobbly suction pads…

Administrator

I can be pretty certain of the weather – decision to return via Skye instead of going south was made with it in sight, before refueling at Oban. And my base is 60NM from Broadford.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

This is a 7hr+ video edited down to about 20 minutes

Administrator
Sign in to add your message