Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen EDNY 2016

Hi Peter
Was hoping to fly in on Friday but no slots available, any bright ideas for a 1130-1200Z arrival?
David

EGCV, United Kingdom

Looks like emails went out this evening, asking all the booked slots to be reconfirmed.

I bet a lot of these emails will end up in peoples’ spam boxes – especially with Gmail

Anyway, @N8225Y, I expect a lot of slots will be available tomorrow onwards, because I understand that many/most of those booked were booked by sim pilots, who won’t reconfirm. I also know some were booked by people who then sold them. One figure which several people heard was €100. What a stupid system.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

… I understand that many/most of those booked were booked by sim pilots….

Why on earth would they do that?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Because they can. There is a huge and “very serious” sim community, with real ATC services provided by real ATCOs off duty.

Also some people have been offered slots for €€€.

EDNY should charge €10 like they used to years ago.

The visitor numbers are anyway probably 50% of what they were 10 years ago.

Anyway, on a quick and dirty look at the MSLP (surprising nobody commented on my post) Thursday’s wx looks good, Friday’s wx (our dinner) looks good (for VFR too), and there isn’t much bad stuff moving in.

Administrator

Peter

Managed to get a slot now, though not until 2120 local, thanks for your help

Please let me know where you are meeting up so at least we can meet for a beer

David

EGCV, United Kingdom

I didn’t get any mail requiring confirmation like I used to previous years.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’ve forwarded you mine.

@N8225Y – there is a dinner Friday evening; see previous posts here. However, a lot of “us” will be there, and I suggest using this thread to coordinate something during the day.

Administrator

Got an earlier slot now so should be good for dinner, is it possible to add 5 please? If you prefer I can book direct if you could pass me Restaurant details

EGCV, United Kingdom

It is Felders – more info posted a few posts back.

I will send you a PM.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Because they can. There is a huge and “very serious” sim community, with real ATC services provided by real ATCOs off duty.

Yes, I know that. But I still don’t see the point. Unless it’s to make life difficult for real pilots out of some sort of envy?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message