EBAW/EBZW

I have just booked Felders, Friday 22nd, 15 people, 7pm

http://www.felders-restaurant.de/

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ok count on me, Jacques

Belgium

Hi all

Seems my a/c won’t be back on line in time for the show so if anyone is departing UK Friday Returning Saturday and has a spare seat I would welcome an invite :)

I live near Basingstoke so any departure point in Hants, Berks, Bucks, Surrey or Oxfordshire

Thanks

EGHO Thruxton

I just got this from a German pilot. A post on a German forum

His translation:

Some further comments I won’t post because they would not be popular (they are about towels ) One speculation is that because the slots are free, a lot were booked by simmers. These slots should become free 48hrs before the show, when the final confirmation is not acknowledged.

Another German pilot I know is flying elsewhere (near) and driving. He did not get a slot because he was flying all day when the booking system opened.

A crazy system. A small charge, like €10, would kill off this crap. When most people see something costing zero, they value it at zero.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

A small charge, like €10, would kill off this crap.

Or just don’t go :) they’ll eventually work it out…

I didn’t get a slot so I’m not going and I don’t think much will be missed as it’s the same (if not smaller) every year.

EGBB

I don’t think they will, actually. Seriously!

The airport is not connected to the exhibition. The airport makes enough money from airlines and they don’t like what they have described to one pilot I know as “amateur” GA.

as it’s the same (if not smaller) every year.

Smaller every year. It got a LOT smaller when they went annual. It has shrunk more since. But it’s a nice outing for meeting up with people, and it’s good for looking at planes for those who have not been there before.

Administrator

… and it’s mandatory for those working in the business…

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

You know just as in Carcassonne the airport people have their head up their arrogant as**s. The local business people should put the royal squeeze to those amateurs struggling to coordinate traffic. Compared to US tower controllers these guys need to go back to school for training. Actually because of the airshow they should make a greater effort to show, they can. But obviously they cant. So its everybody else’s fault but theirs.

I plan on flying to EDMA bypassing all the BS at EDNY, go to my apartment in Munich have a restful night then drive 2 hrs to the aero, see the sights, talk to EASA, RR, see Sebastian’s booth and hit up Jepp for info, then meet pilots, have dinner, stay at a local hotel, then back to the aero to tidy up loose ends the following day.

If anyone wants to hop a ride from Munich I have seats available in the car as well as giving rides to dinner on Fri night. Just let me know.

Please put my name in for the restaurant Felders. Thanks

KHTO, LHTL

Roger wrote:

No they won’t. But not to go is the answer to this b.s. anyway.

If the leading aviation exhibition in central Europe can not manage to get their GA sorted at a quite large airport, then they do not deserve my or anyone else’s entry money.

As for fees: I would allow ONE inbound and ONE outbound slot pre-booked. Nothing else. That would stop people taking up 3-4 slots which they don’t use.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message