Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TOTAL fuel card for France

you will use mostly on deserted airfields

Only a French pilot is allowed to say that

It can get you cheaper fuel – LFAT is one example where the TOTAL pump is cheaper than the bowser.

But you should make sure (as far you can) that no TOTAL card exists previously for this AC reg, since I don’t knopw what will happen with your application in that case.

That is interesting, relating this to the AIR BP card. That one comes either reg-specific or “ANY”.

Obviously the machine cannot tell the reg of the plane being filled up (there is no camera with a registration reader on the outside of the kiosk ) but if you are using a “pump man” to do it, he is likely to refuse if the two don’t match.

Is that different with the TOTAL card? I am told that filling up another plane (and the pilot paying paying the cardholder in cash) is a widespread practice but it will work only if there is no “pump man” around.

Hence I would get the card issued for the right reg.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aircraft reg in Total card is probably a legal discharge from pilots mixing Avgas and JetA?

The pump man also asks for 100LL fuel stikers, I don’t think sending one for total will do but they also ask for a fuel receip/nvoice?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Only a French pilot is allowed to say that

Huh?

Peter wrote:

but if you are using a “pump man” to do it, he is likely to refuse if the two don’t match.

… but if there is a “pump man”, then there is no NEED to use the TOTAL card! You can just use a normal credit card in these cases. Also, at TOTAL stations with a TOTAL card reader, there will be no pump man.

Peter wrote:
Hence I would get the card issued for the right reg.

Sure, but Arun’s “problem” is that he plans to use several (club?) aircraft.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

but if there is a “pump man”, then there is no NEED to use the TOTAL card! You can just use a normal credit card in these cases

Is that true in all cases?

That’s worth knowing.

Administrator

I’m pretty sure my card is for “any ref” but I’ll check later.

For sure you can have many Total cards with the same reg (at least the Archer group I used to fly with had 3 Total cards)

If for some “official reason” you care about fuel invoices and you want to change the reg on Total card it take one email with new reg certificate and 3 days for you to get the new card by post, other than that using the card to fuel a different reg is what Aeroclubs and the “pump man” do all over France?

You still have to call someone on the ground to check if fuel pump is working even if you have BP/Total card and can do it yourself, don’t ask me how I know

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Aug 09:11

Just ask for the “Tous appareils”

From my application:

Si vous souhaitez utiliser la carte sur plusieurs appareils, il faut préciser sur la demande d’adhésion (zone commentaires) carte TSAPP (signifiant tous appareils).

In english: If you want to use the card on multiple aircraft, you need to specify “carte TSAPP” in the commends section of the card request.

My card:

Last Edited by Noe at 01 Aug 09:26

This may be relevant: card not available for Jet-A1 for private pilots.

I wonder what @Noe did for the DA42?

Administrator

It is my impression that more airfields (even many “international” ones) are switching to TOTAL. Beziers switched from BP to TOTAL. And according to TOTAL latest price list, Calais is now also TOTAL (also used to be BP). Someone confirm from recent own experience?

Other airfields are switching to suppliers other than the big two, often with normal credit card terminals.

Another question: TOTAL also sells UL91 at a few airfields (not many). If I understand correctly, you cannot buy UL91 with a 100LL card, correct? Price (for 100LL and UL91) is currently exactly the same, though…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes Calais LFAC has Total fuel automate now : Avgas 100LL/ jetA1 pay by Total Card or Bank Card and yes few airfields are switching BP to Total

Never tried 100LL card for UL91 though, I highly doubt it

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Aug 20:18
Sign in to add your message