Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TOTAL fuel card for France

Thanks for Info and picture of Calais Total arrangements.
It is sad that due to lockdown it might be some time before I can use it.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Total lost Gap LFNA though. Good to know about Calais.
Having a total automat is a big plus for me.

Did you notice UL91 is now the same price than 100LL ? It was a few cents cheaper a few months ago.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 17 Aug 21:05
LFOU, France

My card for Avgas100LL did not work on a UL91 pump in Chambley. When enquiring with Total, they told me that I could only get the fuel mentioned on the card…

EDM_, Germany

Thanks, that‘s what I thought. So, in order to get TOTAL UL91, you have to either have the dedicated card or refuel during „service times“ of the airfield (or borrow a card from someone).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Thanks, that‘s what I thought. So, in order to get TOTAL UL91, you have to either have the dedicated card or refuel during „service times“ of the airfield (or borrow a card from someone).

It’s the same with BP. I once had a silly discussion with some ground staff that of course I couldn’t by UL91 with my BP card as it said “AVGAS” and UL91 wasn’t “AVGAS”…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes, so many people still think that 100LL = Avgas and UL91 (or 91UL, as some call it) = Mogas…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I still don’t get why TOTAL machines don’t take normal credit cards. I mean, this is the 20th century, no?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Taking a normal credit card implies complying to high security requirements and paying a charge to the national monopoly (GIE carte bancaire) which connects credit cards to banks. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. You can technically bypass this monopoly by using a foreign european bank but nobody does it because you would have to pay the champagne at the next CEOs golf course
It’s weird, but only slightly exaggerated AFAIK.

A machine that takes only special cards is cheaper.

I am told that when an airport changes its provider, TOTAL moves the pumps and card machines to another airport.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 18 Aug 06:59
LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

I still don’t get why TOTAL machines don’t take normal credit cards. I mean, this is the 20th century, no?

I guess the same stupid reason why I can’t you use Avgas card for JetA and end up having both…
I managed to get them “Tous appareils” at least after load of back and forth

But honestly Total Cards are worth it, if you fuel Avgas from the truck at LeTouquet you will get fried on the price, for that reason alone I prefer using the Total pump myself 2.4E/L vs 1.6E/L, I know some who prefer to fly a detour to Picardie or Calais to avoid that

Also, I got load of stories with World Fuels cards when fuelling a rented DA40NG they had additional charges totalling Euro 114 + VAT at Lille and 60E+VAT at Toussus for barely 80E JetA uplifts (we never paid that after long push back but now I need to arrange a quotation 3 days before lifting fuel if the refueller is not one of their partners), that flat charge does not make a difference if you are lifting 100 hectolitres but it does a lot for 100Litres, with Total the prices for JetA are close to UK prices except the untaxed UK bit…

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Aug 10:12
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I don’t know about TOTAL but AIR BP have given two reasons for making the fuel type tied to what it says on the card

• it prevents expenses fiddling by bizjet pilots (with a company issued Jet-A1 card) who also fly piston GA
  • it makes it less likely to get wrong fuel delivered

Surely 91UL/UL91 is avgas? Does the TOTAL card actually say “100LL” on it?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message