Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TOTAL fuel card for France

Peter wrote:

Surely 91UL/UL91 is avgas? Does the TOTAL card actually say “100LL” on it?

Yes “AVGAS 100LL” is written on it, so not “AVGAS UL91” but I did not try personally, although I take ch.ess word for it

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Aug 10:16
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Yes, so many people still think that 100LL = Avgas and UL91 (or 91UL, as some call it) = Mogas…

Rather Avgas = 100LL and UL91 with the difference being Low Lead vs No Lead or Octane 100/130 vs 91/96-98

I had the impression one can always fuel with UL91 any engine that can take 100LL but I was wrong: I come across this on Mooneys, the TCDS for M20C states 100LL minimum, but the M20D, same airframe and engine, states 91/96 octane minimum

M20C: Lycoming O-360-A1D or O-360-A1A (Carburetor MA4-5, Flow Setting P/N 10-3878, 10-3878-M, or 10-4164-1). Fuel 100LL or 100/130 min grade aviation gasoline
M20D: Lycoming O-360-A1D or O-360-A2D (Carburetor MA4-5, Flow Setting P/N 10-3878, 10-3878-M, or 10-4164). Fuel 100LL or 91/96 octane min grade aviation gasoline

How come the same engine (let alone the same airframe) can take UL91 & 100L while the other only 100LL?

Anyway, under EASA we don’t care, any Avgas should do !
https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/CS-STAN%20-%20Issue%202.pdf

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Aug 10:39

At Inverness EGPE, only Highland Aviation, with a small browser, will take bank cards.
Northern Fuels, with the big browsers and tanks, only take BP cards. The guy said this was because of the set-up of their accounting system.
PS We’ve been using mogas for over 30 years in our O200 with “Avgas” stickers. We’ve now had to add “Mogas” stickers.

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 18 Aug 19:21
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I’ve just had an email from Total as below:

TotalEnergies Aviation is currently experiencing exceptional difficulties in supplying AVGAS to all airfields and airports in France. These difficulties are linked to the unavailability of certain manufacturing units, which is being prolonged due to industrial action currently affecting our production sites, resulting in longer delivery time.
In this context, our ability to deliver AVGAS on time and within the usual terms and conditions is temporarily impaired for sites where we are present.
We recommend, as far as possible, that you contact your airport’s operator or those of any airport you plan to visit, in order to know the availability of AVGAS.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I was looking to fly LFOP-LFPT with a midnight tour of Paris tomorrow, it seems unlikely now: LFPT NOTAMed no Avgas now and I better save Avgas my fuel tanks !

Finding SP98 for my car is the next challenge

I’ve been trying to sign us up for a Total card on and off for a couple of months now. I can follow the flow up until it’s time for paying the deposit: I enter my card details, it redirects me a couple of times to payment sites – but then it gets “stuck” on a blank page and doesn’t redirect further. Tried the usual changes in browser, OS, adblock etc.

Had no response from their web “contact us” form. Tried phoning their office but literally no-one on the phone tree picks up. Just emailed [email protected] directly but not hopeful….

Has anyone got any ideas or better contact info?

(had a very similar experience dealing with AirBP, damn near impossible to actually get responses from them when you’re trying to give them money. incredible!)

EGSG, United Kingdom

I have a Total card and it works, but it shows the tail number of my previous plane. I tried to contact them by mail about a week ago and I have heard nothing.

LFMD, France

SteakAndAle wrote:

I’ve been trying to sign us up for a Total card on and off for a couple of months now. I can follow the flow up until it’s time for paying the deposit: I enter my card details, it redirects me a couple of times to payment sites – but then it gets “stuck” on a blank page and doesn’t redirect further. Tried the usual changes in browser, OS, adblock etc.

Had no response from their web “contact us” form. Tried phoning their office but literally no-one on the phone tree picks up. Just emailed [email protected] directly but not hopeful….

Has anyone got any ideas or better contact info?

(had a very similar experience dealing with AirBP, damn near impossible to actually get responses from them when you’re trying to give them money. incredible!)

I assume you successfully got your AirBP card?
If not, I contacted [email protected] and communicated with Endre Juhasz [email protected] – and successfully got my account setup with an AirBP fuel card.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Yes, our AirBP card has been up & running for a while now thanks :) (Getting the card went fine, paying the bill was more problematic….)

EGSG, United Kingdom

SteakAndAle wrote:

’ve been trying to sign us up for a Total card on and off for a couple of months now. I can follow the flow up until it’s time for paying the deposit: I enter my card details, it redirects me a couple of times to payment sites – but then it gets “stuck” on a blank page and doesn’t redirect further. Tried the usual changes in browser, OS, adblock etc.

I am exactly in the same boat. I have now tried it 3-4 times. Each time I get through until I have to pay the deposit, which I do. I could see that money has been deducted on my credit card. However I see an empty page and no ‘application approved’ page. It gets stranger. After a few days, I can’t see the transaction on my card. It just vanishes.

Maybe they don’t want to give the card to the people depositing the minimum amount.

EDMB, Germany
Sign in to add your message