Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

… at Lido, almost everbody seems to be doing the approach from the southwest, even if coming from the northwest, because it looks "easier.
But it adds trackmiles.

Just to let everybody know: one can also approach from the northwest, usually with a crossing of LIPZ at the runway 04 threshold. Quicker, and also very nice. It’s merely more a bit more radio work.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Just to let everybody know: one can also approach from the northwest, usually with a crossing of LIPZ at the runway 04 threshold. Quicker, and also very nice. It’s merely more a bit more radio work.

Great advice thanks. Is LIPZ Tower cooperative?

always learning
LO__, Austria

chicken4ever wrote:

Everyone flying between 1000 and 1500 ft. Keep a good lookout and report your position to Padova Info

This! And also many ultralights operating there (without radio/transponder?).

always learning
LO__, Austria

boscomantico wrote:

one can also approach from the northwest, usually with a crossing of LIPZ at the runway 04 threshold.

What routing from the North West do you get with that crossing?

I will approach from VOR/DME VIC and it looks like they would ask you to go via VRP PZW2 (Marano) – PZN1 (Mestre Nord).

EGLK, United Kingdom

@Colin

That should work nicely. One week ago I did my approach from the north IFR until LAPAB, then changing to VFR and being in contact with LIPZ did my descend from cruise towards CHI VOR, after that direct over the VRP Porto di malamoco towards landing on 05.

The way back was also convenient, after takeoff on 05 again initially towards CHI below 2000ft and the quickly joining IFR northbound being allowed to climb from there. All in all very good support from LIPZ and Padua.

EDAQ, Germany

Preferred landing is 23. If 05, avoid buildings and fly along the shoreline of lido, it’s easy.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Colin

Yes, via Mestre Nord (N1). You might head straight to there from VIC, since most likely, you will previously need a clearance from Treviso anyway. It’s a very complex airspace structure there, and certain CTR elements are not active on weekends…

I have done the routing via Mestre Nord and LIPZ several times. Again, things will go quick and it will be a bit challenging radio-wise, but much shorter than going all the way to Chioggia first.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

To be honest, I appreciated the detour via CHI as otherwise my descent from FL 180 would have been to steep anyway. But I agree that it is definitely shorter to arrive direct via Mestre Nord once you are already at an altitude suitable for the final approach.

EDAQ, Germany

You could also go east and descend towards RCH LIPQ and then fly the scenic route back along the coast to the west in 500 feet. Lines you up for 23 as well.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 30 Apr 20:46
always learning
LO__, Austria

I have this example route

EGKA N0152F100 SFD DCT RIBGO DCT RINTI B3 RLP G4 LUL/N0150F120 G4 HOC/N0146F150 L613 RIPUS/N0145F160 N850 GERSA Z50 SOPER/N0144F170 Z50 RESIA P131 ADOSA/N0152F110 L615 VIC/N0150F080 N503 INBUT VFR LIPV

so you arrive via INBUT and cancel IFR there

In the likely wind direction this will be a left hand downwind join.

Does this make sense?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message