Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Think it is EDTY by the way.
My error. EDTY is Schwabisch

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Yes it is immigration not customs but people mix the two.

EGTK Oxford

So Customs is / maybe 24Hr PNR. But what about ‘immigration’ i.e. ‘non-Schengen EU arrival’

Like I said, call them and check. They are very helpful.

EGTK Oxford

Technically it is 2h PNR for immigration. AFIS does the immigration check but has to submit your details to the border police 2h in advance to run you through the computer.

EDTY is possibly Germany’s best GA aerodrome. Landing fees are cheap and infrastructure is excellent. If that doesn’t work, you can fly 10 minutes further to EDTH which also has immigration and which is home to my venerable aircraft. Another 10 minutes further you have EDPA. All 3 are equally suited, EDTY has ILS/LPV and 1.5km of runway.

@ Lenthamen

In Linz (LOWL), head to the Klosterhof, one of the oldest brewery restaurants in the world. Right in the center of town, great beer, wonderful shady garden and the best roast pork anywhere!

Enjoy!

Warley, as Peter said: do not confuse EDTX and EDTY – neither in planning nor when actually landing. The two are adjacent with just the access road separating them. See https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/49.1200/9.7790

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Please see Posting Tips on how to quote. The quoted text has to be a separate paragraph, etc.

It is indeed strictly speaking Immigration that is needed at EDTY on a flight from the UK (because the UK is in the EU) but the “international aviation” word for it is “Customs” and EDTY is called “Customs PNR”. That is how airports all over the world are described. If it has “Customs” then you can fly there from anywhere. Otherwise you cannot. Here in Europe, the Schengen concession has messed up the terminology but the end result is the same… The bottom line is that you have to give a prior notice to “somebody”. It may be 2hrs for EDTY (I have no idea – I am sure Achim is right) but the German pilot organising the other event says it is 24hrs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

do not confuse EDTX and EDTY

THANKS, got X instead of Y as they were co-sited in NavBox Pro.
Understand I need EDTY – main one with 1540m R/w & ILS, NOT Wechrieden with 550m grass.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 19 May 06:56

In Linz (LOWL), head to the Klosterhof, one of the oldest brewery restaurants in the world

Linz (LNZ VOR) is an airborne way-point for me, but what you say temps a full-stop !!!

Sign in to add your message