Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

See the past few pages of this thread. Emir has already organised an opening hours extension.

Otherwise, getting there from the UK would have been a bit tight on weekdays (Shoreham opens 0700Z) and not possible on a weekend (Shoreham opens 0800Z) unless we got lucky with the tailwinds.

Last Edited by Peter at 16 May 14:57
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Do we have any program besides stuffing ourselves with fish?

Personally, I’m planning to explore local beaches to find a place to camp out in summer – does anyone want to do the same or already knows a nice place?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

There are loads of places you could camp. I vaguely recall there are actual camps but also if you want to put up a tent somewhere for the night, nobody is likely to see it.

The beaches are mostly rocky e.g.

but usually there are steps down to the water.

Administrator

From EGCF UK my thinking for fuel and non-Schengen EU arrival were Straubing EDMS or Ennenfelden EDME.
However these two are well over halfway (4.75 hours) and if tiredness or winds predict an earlier alternative fuel / non-Schengen EU arrival would be Schwabisch Hall EDTX.
Any views on EDTX for this stop and maybe even a ‘night-stop’ (modest local hotel – IBIS type)
All three of these, it seems, are Customs O/R. Understand I don’t need this, Just non-Schengen EU arrival.

I’m still 50/50 for this trip.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 18 May 20:55
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Schwäbisch Hall is great. Lovely place to stop. Cheap hotels with food. Airport will book for you if you need.

EGTK Oxford

According to a briefing pack produced for the Socata fly-in at Swabish Hall, EDTY needs 24hr PNR for Customs for flights from the UK. Not to be confused with EDTX!

Last Edited by Peter at 18 May 21:16
Administrator

Great, thanks Jason. Might bring EDTX to the top of the pile.
Is it OK on the cost front? – at least reasonable.

In my experience yes. They can run you to the hotel and pick you up. Suggest you drop them an email for a quote. Think it is EDTY by the way.

Last Edited by JasonC at 18 May 21:17
EGTK Oxford

I have told them with less notice than that. I would just send emails and tell them the plan.

EGTK Oxford

According to a briefing pack produced for the Socata fly-in at Swabish Hall, the place needs 24hr PNR for Customs for flights from the UK.

Confused – from previous posting understood from UK, into Germany, one only needs ‘non-Schengen EU arrival’. Not Customs.
Clarification please.

Sign in to add your message