Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zell am See LOWZ

I like the authority in the voice of your EGPWS :-) It’s interesting, but mine would never complain on an approach like that. It did start to scream at me after takeoff rwy 08 though.

Flyer59 wrote:

I like the authority in the voice of your EGPWS

I didn’t test this because I pulled the plug on her at about 10nm (she is on the AUX button on my intercom – what a great deal that would be for a married guy, eh) but I suspect that the algorithm doesn’t see the airport at the initial 20nm where the voice starts. It probably does get disabled at say 5nm, except for the permanent “FIVE HUNDRED” warning which you get at 500ft AGL anywhere whatever.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Entering the valley for later LDG in Zell/See depends on each’s individual preferences ,personel limits and local experiences.
I agree with Flyer59 that for LOWZ no “very good wx” is needed like “severe cavok” :-)
Of course if sbdy feels more safe – why not.
I did it also several times in winter ( “fly & ski”) and the acces also from east ( via cloudbreakimg on Salzburg ILS) crossing the saddle south of Salzburg works when its overcast in approx 5000ft and also from the north, similar track via St. Johan in Tirol.
once beeing there in the long valley its a very nice experience. :-)

EDLW, Dortmund,Germany

Can anyone identify this house

Administrator

Achim’s holiday home?

LSZK, Switzerland

Nymphenburg Castle in Munich, one of the Bavarian Kings’ Castles. You can also find it in my book “Above Munich”. 3 miles from my house :-)

Thanks – just doing the full trip writeup

Administrator
except for the permanent “FIVE HUNDRED” warning which you get at 500ft AGL anywhere whatever.

I don’t. I only get the “500” when I’m approachimng an airport that’s in the database. All other times i only get “terrain, terrain”, or “pull up, pull up”.

Administrator

Great write up. The photos, especially by the lake, are wonderful.

Austria is gorgeous summer of winter.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message