Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

But why do you want the old route ? Is it because ATC cancelled the DCT and you need to go back on filed fpl route ?

EBST, Belgium

See picture below. My location is the airplane, blue is the originally planned route. Now I want to (or am asked to) go directly to WP5 and continue my route as planned from there, skipping WP3 and WP4. Example is ATC coming and saying “proceed direct to WP5”. In a Garmin GPS system you would just press direct, FPL points, choose WP5 and it will remove WP3 and WP4 from the plan, point a direct magenta to WP5 and continue the route unchanged afterwards. In SD doing the same removes WP6, WP7 etc and leaves you with only the line from the current position to WP5.

Last Edited by Vladimir at 22 Mar 15:52
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

I understand your problem now. However, a direct WP5 doesn’t delete WP6, WP7, etc… in my setup. I just ran the simulator to make sure.

This is very remarkable. Are there other users with the same problem ?

Speaking of Garmin, in the G430 there would still be a white dotted line showing your routing via WP3 and WP4 in addition to the dct magenta line.

EBST, Belgium

How do you make the direct to in SD? Maybe I am just using an incorrect command.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Yes, I just found a way of inputting a dct that deleted my route. What I do is select a point in the pilot log and then select “direct to”.
Selecting the point on the moving map works as well. I got into troubles by selecting a waypoint that was NOT in the filed route…

EBST, Belgium

These two methods should keep your further routing in place

EBST, Belgium

If you want to create a route in Autorouter on the iPad then transfer it to SD on the same iPad, you cannot use Chrome, you have to use Safari.

Tim is working with PPL/IR Europe to improve and enhance IFR functionality and he is making great progress. I believe that this will be the “killer app” for people who operate IFR out of VFR airfields.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Wow. Seems like there has been lots of deleted posts here. About 24 judging from the post # jumping from 20 to 45… A busy day in the life of the moderator.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 22 Mar 19:43
LFPT, LFPN

Wow. Seems like there has been lots of deleted posts here. About 24 judging from the post # jumping from 20 to 45… A busy day in the life of the moderator.

Sorry to so totally spoil your newly found happiness Aviathor, but they are elsewhere, in another thread. But since you have so much energy, I will give you an opportunity to direct it in a direction which is supportive of EuroGA so I will leave it to you to find them

For the record, some forum stats:

Total Registered Users since start: 3566
Total Forum Threads since start: 8445
Total Forum Posts since start: 174226
Daily audience of “general aviation interested” readers: ~1200
Users who posted since start: 1235
Users posting within last 30 days: 222
Posts deleted via mod action: ~0.2% (2 per 1000) – this excludes stuff like fake passport spammers etc
Users banned since start: 2
Users who chucked toys out of pram in last 180 days: ~3

You can see that the mods are much less busy than most would be led to believe

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ll leave you to your newfound love for personal attacks that are contrary to the forum rules.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message