Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Just to let you guys that posted tickets at Autorouter recently without answer know, I did the same a few days ago and had reply the day after.

ESOW, Sweden

Aviathor, I get really fed up with the constant false assertions by 2 or 3 individuals (none of whom post much useful stuff) that large numbers of posts are being deleted, various people have been banned, etc. These assertions are easily made because the “deleted posts” cannot be seen – whether they existed or not. So people believe what they hear…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

this excludes stuff like fake passport spammers etc

But then how shall we buy our fake passports and “enlargement products?” Won’t somebody think of the poor spammers?

Last Edited by redRover at 22 Mar 21:21
United States

Sorry to hijack an SD-specific thread, but EasyVFR also works with autorouter. One just needs to authorize EasyVFR with autorouter once (valid for a year) and all the routes in autorouter can be sync’d with EasyVFR, allowing any route to be imported. EasyVFR has all the IFR intersections so they are recognized, but not an IFR enroute chart AFAIK. Perhaps Colm can comment on whether that is coming. Another option is to select GPX under briefing information / route:, download the route as a gpx file which opens a new safari tab where one can then open the gpx file with the EasyVFR app.

LSZK, Switzerland

Thread subject amended to include EasyVFR.

Administrator

The posts concerning Autorouter flight plan interfacing are here.

I am sure Achim is reading EuroGA and should respond to issues filed via the support tickets. In any case, there are sure to be people here who will point him to these posts. Tom, I have no concrete idea why he left; he may have just moved on as people do. I spoke to him about something some months ago and he told me he got very busy. I don’t even know if he is still involved. He was more on the routing algorithm side of things, with Achim doing the website side.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

These assertions are easily made because the “deleted posts” cannot be seen

Therefore assertions to the contrary are just as easy. Same thing about how many people have left. Most of them just silently dropped out without any fuss – so they don’t count? Nobody can actually verify that. I have quite a few in mind that are, fortunately, still very much active on other forums, often under the same nicks as they had here.

Moving posts around infuriates me because it sometimes alters the original intention of the post/thread. One example of that is a thread I started about a flight school at Le Touquet, head of training fluent in English and the excellent IFR training environment in the Lille FIR. You turned it into a discussion about PBN training which was NOT the objective.

Another thread that was wiped out was one about how active French flying clubs were, with trips to the North Cape, Africa, Balkans… I spent lots of time find data to back it up, and it all went down the drain.

So I am not too eager “contributing”. I prefer to become a parasite reading but refraining from posting.

You’re full of contradictions. Here is one:

• You complain about how much time and effort you spend cleaning up the mess after some contributors – often provoked by yourself
  • You make statements to the contrary like in #46
Last Edited by Aviathor at 23 Mar 07:37
LFPT, LFPN

Therefore assertions to the contrary are just as easy.

Yes – see my post #46 above. You sent me a long email listing a bunch of individuals for whose apparent disappearance you blame me. Actually the #1 in that list left after a bust-up with somebody else. He (in effect) demanded the other guy is banned but there was no cause for that, or even for deletion of the post which is all still there. So he chucked his toys out of the pram and left. A completely pointless cutting off of one’s nose to spite one’s face. The problem is that most people are too lazy to check for themselves (or ask me) and instead take the word of others who spread vindictive misinformation around while contributing as little as possible. And so on, down the list.

often provoked by yourself

The core of the (thankfully very small number of) fights we have had here always boils down to the same thing: some people aggressively demand to right to have an unmoderated forum; specifically to post personal attacks and sneering/cynical posts. Much has been written on this topic in years past but the basic issue is that there are obviously other forums, not necessarily aviation, where beating up is permitted (or even encouraged; it drives up advert clicks massively) and some people come to EuroGA expecting to be able to do the same here. One individual who left 6 times did so mostly over variations of that theme. One chap sent me a PM saying “I want to post something but I know you will delete it” to which I replied (in essence) “only offensive/illegal stuff gets deleted” to which he replied “ok, I am leaving”. You could not make it up! Some people, accordingly, have a long-term love/hate relationship with moderated forums, leaving, coming back, leaving, repeatedly. They pop up elsewhere, play nice for a bit but eventually get banned there, come back, and so it goes around. Well, we cannot have an unmoderated forum. It is not an option. Take it or leave it. They always get hijacked and trashed by a number of aggressive individuals.

This is all standard stuff on forums, however, which is why mods/admins don’t get too involved with the comings and goings of individuals.

one about how active French flying clubs were

I think that thread is here. It was probably temporarily taken off for cleaning because 1 or 2 individuals turned it into a fight. I do have a life and sometimes this is a necessary procedure. But that’s an old thread. This is 2018 – you should move on

Moving posts around infuriates me

If you read the thread about the SD/EVFR interface you will see why it was split off. One cannot always please everybody but the criteria I normally apply is whether there is enough meat to form a new, informative and relevant thread. Most people who participate do support new threads being created.

Administrator

chflyer wrote:

but not an IFR enroute chart AFAIK. Perhaps Colm can comment on whether that is coming.

Hi chflyer,

An IFR airways map display isn’t on our short term agenda. Of course it’s a possibility in the future, but we haven’t really had any demand for it.

What we did do, is as you explained. All the IFR waypoints are in EasyVFR (have been for many years). Sometime early last year we also added the possibility to import an IFR flight plan so that you can see your planned route on the map (with all the intersection names).

This can be done by simply linking your Autorouter account or RocketRoute account to EasyVFR and then you can just load the flight plans directly from within EasyVFR. No need for copying and pasting or visiting those websites when you’re in the aircraft. EasyVFR can retrieve those flight plans directly for you :)

We also added the possibility to paste in a IFR flight plan in case anyone uses some other system.

But an IFR style airways map isn’t on the to do list at present.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Peter wrote:

I think that thread is here. It was probably temporarily taken off for cleaning because 1 or 2 individuals turned it into a fight.

Indeed. It seems like I owe you an apology for this. I had no idea it was back. From my perspective it vanished without further explanation. You can see how it can be perceived.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message