Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Back to : How to transfer a route from Autorouter to Skydemon

My way is:
1. Create a rout in AR
2. Save as SD route (bottom drop down menu) then send it over e-mail
3. Receive e-mail with SD route file attached – now a tip – it works for me when e-mail is received by gmail website not by gmail app, gmail app tries to open the file, gmail website asks which app to use to open the file
4. SD to be chosen
5. SD opens with a route created in AR – few moments – job done.
6. One more thing, once route is on one IPad I share it with second one so one is used for additional nav and other for plates (SID,STARS, APP…) also doubled just in case one IPad fails.

BTW all above I do just on IPad with net connection, no PC necessary.

EPXX

Vladimir wrote:

See picture below. My location is the airplane, blue is the originally planned route. Now I want to (or am asked to) go directly to WP5 and continue my route as planned from there, skipping WP3 and WP4. Example is ATC coming and saying “proceed direct to WP5”. In a Garmin GPS system you would just press direct, FPL points, choose WP5 and it will remove WP3 and WP4 from the plan, point a direct magenta to WP5 and continue the route unchanged afterwards. In SD doing the same removes WP6, WP7 etc and leaves you with only the line from the current position to WP5.

I agree, I have had that issue several times. Often you get cleared directly several WPT further down the FPLN (or even not in the FPLN). One should be able to DCT to any of of the points in the FPLN through a simple list and scroll or like PPOS to FPLN WPT or NEW WPT removing the intermediate points, once the clearance is received by ATC. Another one would be resume FPLN from that new Waypoint (had this one also)….Through the PLOG is a bit cumbersome in flight…It would be nice to have a more IFR FMS like interface..or maybe split screen….

EBST

This can be done if the point is in the list with turning points. Just don’t use “find”.

I like your idea about a split screen.

Last Edited by airways at 23 Mar 16:46
EBST, Belgium

Kristof wrote:

My way is:
1. Create a route in AR

5. … job done.

1. Create route in AR
2. Select and Copy route
3. Paste in SD. done.

Kristof wrote:

6. once route is on one IPad I share it with second one just in case one IPad fails.
Same here, AirDrop sharing in SD is awesome. Also super practical to share with copilot/flight mates.
ESMK, Sweden

I don’t have a PC, I have a Mac and and iPad

1. Create a route in AR
2. Save as SD route (bottom drop down menu) then send it over e-mail

That part only works with a computer, not with an iPad. I could not find a way to export the SD route when using an iPad

3. Receive e-mail with SD route file attached – now a tip – it works for me when e-mail is received by gmail website not by gmail app, gmail app tries to open the file, gmail website asks which app to use to open the file
4. SD to be chosen
5. SD opens with a route created in AR – few moments – job done.

That method works with the iPad basic mail app as well
Nevertheless there are several flaws:
The Fuel, power setting, and loading are not exported.
Is there a way to transfer a full aircraft (with power setting table) between SD & Autorouter?

About the suggested workaround:

1. Create route in AR
2. Select and Copy route
3. Paste in SD. done.

Couldn’t find a way to make

3. Paste in SD.
work in SD on the iPad.
The only way I could find is to create a route, add origin and destination manually, then paste the routing, and finally parse the routing to keep only the waypoints.

Any help would be welcome

Last Edited by Piotr_Szut at 24 Apr 08:14
Paris, France

Relatively new to this IFR routing business with a simple question for one of the experts….

Why does Autourouter give me a STAR (GROVE1C) into Coventry when Coventry is VFR only. GROVE1C appears to be an arrival for adjacent Birmingham. From a practical perspective, if you filed this, would you follow the star direction GROVE till they kick you out of the system at some point and you cancel IFR?

Thanks for any guidance!

EGSX

TimR wrote:

Relatively new to this IFR routing business with a simple question for one of the experts….

Why does Autourouter give me a STAR (GROVE1C) into Coventry when Coventry is VFR only. GROVE1C appears to be an arrival for adjacent Birmingham. From a practical perspective, if you filed this, would you follow the star direction GROVE till they kick you out of the system at some point and you cancel IFR?

It is a UK practise to “reuse” some STARs (and possibly SIDs) for nearby airports. That could be the case here. The airport’s text pages in AIP would say.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

A connection to an airport without sids and stars must be a DCT.

Even in the UK where you can file “I” to a farm strip

You might go via a waypoint which serves somebody’s sid or star but the final leg should still be a DCT.

It looks like AR still thinks Coventry is IFR, which used to be the case for many years.

It is a UK practise to “reuse” some STARs (and possibly SIDs) for nearby airports.

France too

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For an IFR arrival into Coventry they usually assign GROVE1C and then turn you off it when close. You fly so close to Bimingham it makes sense. See number 2 in the plate.

EGTK Oxford

The UK SRD lists the following entry:

ADEP/Entry SID Min Max Route-Segment STAR ADES/Exit Remarks Scenario
RINTI MC 145 L10 BUZAD GROVE1C EGBE

Last Edited by wbardorf at 13 Jun 15:36
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message