Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Jujupilote wrote:

Isn’t B-RNAV mandatory for IFR in Europe ? To allow long DCTs for example.

Depends on airspace. In Sweden B-RNAV is not required below FL95.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

BRNAV has been mandatory above FL095 for years, though apparently not everywhere. However, Eurocontrol routings tend to work rather poorly, in most places, below that level, anyway. A lot of the lower legs e.g. FL050 are filed to get around IFPS validation rules but one usually doesn’t actually fly them that low

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sure you can find your way using alternate methods but without a database driven RNAV computer (read GNSS) your making your life much more complicated then necessary. Not always you get a known FLPN way point from ATC and then you start finding out where is the point by looking at your Jepp chart and when in range
sort out a triangulation with known VOR etc…Single Pilot serious IFR in bad weather is already challenging enough. I love the magenta line on my sn3500 . Yes I had already in flight GPS and EHSI failures and immediately offered radar vectors by ATC! But hey RNAV DCT’s are much more relaxing
..:-)

EBST

Same again.

Delaying from 0630 to 0700, and the time now is 0400 (UTC).

Maybe the delay function is broken? The browser is Chrome, win10.

I will try to get it done by phoning up LDSP ATC (currently at LDSB).

UPDATE: the delay actually happened, according to LDSP ATC. Weird! The AR flight plan list is not updated though, so AR doesn’t seem to know it happened.

UPDATE2: the control panel is now showing 0700, so it looks like somebody is still reading EuroGA

Administrator

You also use the Telegram app, don´t you?

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

I have not tried using telegram for delays…

Administrator

/EOBT <HHMM>, works like a charm! It takes about three seconds till you get a confirmation message.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Autorouter flight plan validates but is later suspended with “INVALID ROUTE BY IFPS REVALIDATION"

A bit of topic but it happens first time to me: the flight plan I filed was first accepted and later on suspended with message “INVALID ROUTE BY IFPS REVALIDATION” and following error description:

- PROF204: RS: TRAFFIC VIA EKR11Z:F035..F065 [201809180600..201809182100] IS ON FORBIDDEN ROUTE REF:[EKR11ZR] RAD APPENDIX 7 / AREA ACTIVE BY AUP/UUP

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

That’s what happens when they activate a Danger or Restricted Area.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I supposed so, but flying at FL180, I don’t understand how F035..F065 affects my flight.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message