Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris GA airports

Lognes no longer is an airport of entry, so no use for Emir coming directly from Croatia. Short of flying to Le Bourget, yes, I think you should make a short customs stop enroute. I guess you can do you such a stop in less than 20 minuted in say Troyes. But these French airports have 24h PPR for immigration now. German airports are also very quick, and have no or much shorter PPR for immgration, but JetA is more expensive.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I was surprised Jujupilote mentioned Lognes because my recollection was that that one vanished a long time ago.

Le Bourget has Jet-A1 only and about 2 years ago was c. €800 to land there.

Clearing the “police” at LFAT is instant and no PNR since they are there 24/7; they told me the email PNR is not needed anymore. €30…

BTW the French airports in question are PNR, not PPR. You will never get a confirmation from them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry, my mistake

Chatons Vatry LFOK has ATC, customs and JetA.
Strasbourg LFST might be an option if you really want to avoid PNR.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 28 Feb 19:17
LFOU, France

From Croatia LFAT is a long detour, but it has a very stylish way (in the British sense) to clear French customs :)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

EDNY is on my route and I guess it’s quite quick in procedure. Any other recommendations? I won’t need refueling on stop.

So which final to choose LFPN or LFPT?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Coming from the east, Lognes makes
more sense. Toussus OTOH has IFR procedures and the ones to runway 25 give you great views of Paris. I wouldn‘t really use Pontoise.

As far as stops for immigration, I would rather not use EDNY. AFAIK, it can be a tiny bit complicated for ground procedures. I would tend to go one size smaller. Think Donaueschingen, Leutkirch or Colmar.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I always prefer Austrian airfields, more efficient for customs and immigration.
If you want an IFR approach: LOLW Wels with approach of Linz LOWL.
VFR I would go LOLS Schaerding, LDG to T/O appr. 10min. And still 1.99/L to top up…

EDM_, Germany

Thanks everybody!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

boscomantico wrote:

I wouldn‘t really use Pontoise

Pontoise is perfectly fine, actually. Faster access to Paris by taxi or train, simpler airspace, simple approaches without having to go all the way around Orly. When coming from the UK I use Pontoise (stopping at Rouen to clear the border police). When coming from the south of France in summer time, I use Toussus.

Last Edited by denopa at 28 Feb 22:23
EGTF, LFTF

I did Pontoise in 2010 when it was still possible from the UK.

I would recommend some transport research as it took us 2-3hrs each way on the trains etc to get into “Paris”. It’s the usual public transport problem – same in most places.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message