Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris GA airports

€700 is the offer I got from Le Bourget few years ago for three days parking, landing and handling but landing was €200 back then while now is €300.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I sent an e-mail to LFPN and didn’t get any reply. Do I need to get any confirmation because I need few days of parking or I can just fly there and expect everything will be ok?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I think you can go and expect it will be fine. Nobody managed the transient apron anyway so nobody will be able to promise you a free spot and once parked, nobody will tell you to go away

LFOU, France

In 4 years of flying there a few times a year, I’ve never received an answer to my emails – which also means I’ve never received a bill.

EGTF, LFTF

Unfortunately that means that one day the bean counters will wake up, panic, and close the whole place… This dependence on blind chamber of commerce funding is always a route to disaster, sooner or later.

Google Maps suggests that the aeroclub parking is elsewhere, so the apron seems “available” to visitors, of which there probably won’t be many.

Last time I went there (years ago) they said they will send us the bill, which they did a year later, but then they did it again… luckily I kept a copy. This does happen.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I agree completely Peter, I regularly chase them asking to pay precisely for that reason. Too easy for them to say “there’s no traffic “ otherwise.

EGTF, LFTF

Donaueschingen

Thanks for this tip @boscomantico – it was literarily 10 min stop. In total with landing and take off, I lost 25 min with this break comparing to direct flight from LDZA to LFPN.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Great!

What about a pirep on Toussus?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I fly to/from LFPN a couple times a year, mostly from the UK. It’s a pleasant experience with no hassle.

Pluses:
+ decent access to Paris. Usually a 35-45 uber (which I call when the fuel truck arrives)
+ true IFR airfield, you always get sent to one of the approaches if you wish so
+ the approaches on 25R and departure from 07 are really beautiful, you overly Paris very closely (more so than e.g. airliners)
+ The IFR arrivals / departures are a bit of work, adding a challenge factor (which I personally like)
+ I’ve never got a bill
+ Never had issues refueling (I usually get a refuel very close to airfield closing time)

Minuses
- No immigration (I usually stop at Rouen LFOP on the way there, and at LFAT on the way back)
- It does close (not 24h). Getting the 1h extension is easy (if you speak french), just an email. Never was denied
- The IFR approaches can have significant overheads (but as you get to know it, you get better at understanding what they want and negotiate shortcuts)
- VFR arrivals/departures are in a very narrow corridor (very height limited), with lots of traffic and other airfields around.

Definitely my airfield of choice for IFR flights into Paris.

Pontoise is my choice if I expect to arrive at night. They have pilot controlled lights. The downside is the public transportation from there into Paris. On the other hand, we have a driver that usually picks us up and he will be waiting there for us on the apron when we arrive. An alternative would be IFR into Toussus as the approach can be so nice over the city of Paris. From there, there is a new tunnel into Paris for cars, which the taxi/uber can take which makes for a fast trip into the centre of Paris.

EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message