Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your flight bag, and what is in it?

Silvaire wrote:

Peter, as you suggest there is no need to have a passport within US borders,

Nah, but it makes the break for the border that much easier

Other than that, agree with Silvaire. There’s a lot of wildlife out there and it’s not necessarily well disposed towards humans……

Brightline Bags

I’ve got a B0 and a CS2 centre-section I use when instructing, a B10 and a B4 for work. Love them!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

chrisparker and Peter_Mundy.

Thanks for the Brightline details.

Stapleford, United Kingdom

chrisparker wrote:

Brightline Bags

They look great! But how durable are they? I get the feeling the connection zippers are weak spots and with lots of them, how long will the bag stay together?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 05 Jan 14:34
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

We have NEVER had a problem with any of the zippers and have been selling the since their inception in 2009. We have also never had a bag where the fabric has worn through.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

@Peter_Mundy

Do you have any personal experience with the Pack Cap Rear, the new component which would create a backpack out of a Brightline Bag?

I have different components from Brightline and used to use them for some time. I really liked them but switched back to a (computer) backpack a while ago in order to have my hands free as the shoulder strap from Brightline always seemed to slip off my shoulders at the most inconvenient moements.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Airborne_Again wrote:

But how durable are they?

Very tough. Best bag I’ve ever had!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

I also used a Brightline bag for quite some time in different configurations. It is an excellently tough and reliable bag, never any problems with fabric, linings or zips. I have however recently gone back to a laptop backpack for 2 somewhat related reasons. At work I was having to walk with the bag for not insignificant distances. With a bag full of stuff including headset and food it could get quite heavy (the empty weight of the bag is not light – likely due to strong materials and good quality) and this made carrying it by the handle a bit tiresome, especially if carrying a coffee in the other hand . And as @RXH found – the shoulder strap was forever slipping off my shoulder unless worn across which can be a bit uncomfortable when heavy and wearing shirt and tie etc. So basically I find that the backpack is a bit less organised (but still very good after finding a decent one), can carry as much stuff (perhaps slightly more but insignificant), is lighter and easier to carry.

I also did try the Pack Cap Rear – Backpack addition for the Brightline – I really do like the bags so wanted to make it work – but I found it a bit clumsy and uncomfortable, it got in the way quite a lot and I was too lazy to constantly stow and unstop it properly. it also to be frank was not very comfortable, probably because this was an ‘afterthought’ as such and the bag was not designed to be worn that way.

United Kingdom

@RXH – I have not tried the back pack. As I have broad shoulders (to match the rest of my body) I always think that backpacks look very odd on me.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Thanks for the feedback, Peter_Mundy and Pirho, appreciated.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria
Sign in to add your message