Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your flight bag, and what is in it?

Not after having been an aircraft owner for 14 years

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

On the recent trip to Dresden I had to repack my flight bag.

I realised that some things, e.g. life jackets with air canisters, knifes, screwdrivers (which were actually needed), and such items have to be in a separate bag that will not leave the aircraft, as I would never be able to take them back with me through airport security. I guess this problem only applies to people that don’t own their aircraft and need to carry those things every time.

Other things like maps, plates, iPad, and such, needed to be taken with me from the airport so that I can check weather and replan my next flight in the hotel (which was proven useless as I cancelled just before taxi).

So what do you have in your bag? Do you also run the “2-bag system” where one stays in the aircraft and you take one with you?

PS: I dedicated so much time preparing checklists with items for those two bags that I forgot my wristwatch at home =)

ESME, ESMS

On my flight bag, wich is a backpack:
Basicaly a IPad, licence, ID and credit card. That all really needed !

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I have a headset, bluetooth gps, ipdad mini, Garmin 795, batteries, inReach, hivis jacket, rain jacket, leatherman, 3 torches, 2 pairs spectacles, ipad charger plus 2 lightning cables and one mini usb cable, Travel John, handheld radio, plb, GLD39, charts, licence & medical, folder containing vital stats from the POH and interception signals, charts, yoke mount for ipad and Garmin, Trebor peppermints, water and probably a few things I have forgotten

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I don’t have a proper flight bag yet. License and medical are in my wallet. Logbook is in my jacket or cargo shorts depending on temperature. Maps and charts are in my kneeboard which I carry in my hand until I board the plane. So far I neither own any Apps for flying nor a headset. What else would I eventually need?

Last Edited by MedEwok at 15 Aug 14:09
Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Yes – I forgot the kneeboard Never carry my log book.

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 15 Aug 14:09
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

MedEwok wrote:

What else would I eventually need?

A screwdriver :D It saved me.

Last Edited by Dimme at 15 Aug 14:09
ESME, ESMS

A screwdriver :D It saved me.

Does the simple one in my Swiss Army knife count, which I always carry with me?

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

Does the simple one in my Swiss Army knife count, which I always carry with me?

It depends if it fits the screws :P

ESME, ESMS

the classic stuff : headset + logbook + licence/medical/id + paper charts (backup) + ipad + kneeboard + two rechargeable red/white lamps

the diesel-pilot stuff : latex chemical gloves (hate that sticky jet fuel, love the avgas)

the geek stuff : extra batteries for ANR + battery power pack (for electronics) + cigar lighter charger + lightning cable + mini usb cable + garmin virb ultra (+ accessories : extra battery / audio cable / ram mounts / etc)

others : stylosssss + hiviz jacket + leatherman

had a garmin96 I dumped, having never been booted up in the past 5 years or more.
that was before the ipad era !!

Last Edited by jeff64 at 15 Aug 14:17
LFBZ, France
Sign in to add your message