Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prague Fly-in May 1-3 2015

Landed. Mostly FL160 in haze. Got plenty of ice on the way down…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Langen is using 8.33 now – got 127.355.

We had up to 50kt tailwind, for a change! The flight was 3:45 airborne time.

Final at LKPR

And here you go

Earlier in this thread, Goaround has posted a suggestion for Saturday’s restaurant. Is there anyone around this evening (Friday)? I do know of a few who arrived today.

Suggestion: meet up on Charles Bridge 7:30 local

Administrator

I have now definitively decided not to come. Getting there would be perfectly possible, and very nice – all of tomorrow has beautiful weather – but the return flight seems unfeasible below cloud, even on Monday and Tuesday. And I can’t afford to be away from work longer.

Enjoy yourselves – but do not have too much fun without me present.

Last Edited by at 01 May 18:32
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

We are planning to do this one Saturday night, but it can be difficult because there are some events in Prague this weekend which have packed everything out – as well as making accommodation hard to find.

Administrator

Peter, your link in post above is not correct. I guess it should be http://www.baracnickarychta.cz

Last Edited by Emir at 01 May 21:45
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes, sorry, fixed. One cannot use links which don’t have the http: or https: Ones which start with www are no good for linking here.

I am sorry to hear the others did not make it. From FL160, we could see the ground most of the time so clearly there were VFR conditions down there. Nearer to Prague it got thicker at FL160 but the cloudbases were probably OK down below. It was very much a case of the forecast looking really bad…

A few more pics:

This was FL110 over Belgium, between layers, but I decided to climb higher later on to get the OAT down low enough to hopefully prevent icing

At times, clear above but it would have taken at least FL190 to be on top

Most of the flight was done like this

We got two huge directs – one to LNO right across Belgium and one to ODOMO (242nm away) across Germany

Traditional Czech food is “challenging” but there are other options at most places

The prices are inversely proportional to the distance from Charles Bridge

Administrator

It was very much a case of the forecast looking really bad…

I remember that you complained that GRAMET showed much better weather than what you were expecting. In the end it turned out GRAMET was correct

So when do we meet at Baráčnická Rychta? And has anyone made a reservation?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

In my case GRAMET was spot on, as it usually is

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

7pm local. Can anyone reading this please confirm here (those who don’t have my phone number) by 2pm.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message